Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Adele Leads American Music Awards Nominations

English singer and song writer Adele is leading the pack with four nominations for this year’s upcoming 2011 American Music Awards.  The Someone Like You singer was nominated for 'Artist of the Year', 'Favorite Female Artist', 'Favorite Adult Contemporary Artist', and 'Favorite Album' for 21, per Timeslive.
21, which debuted in January 2011, and includes popular songs such as Rolling in the Deep and Set Fire to Rain, has already managed to sell well over 10 million copies on a global scale, while securing Adele’s place in music history, and landing her ahead of her musical peers.
Adele once explained in a recent interview that her second studio album, 21, comes from the mixed emotions and heart ache over a break-up.  A relationship she says she would have given up everything for.  “I don’t think I’ll ever forgive myself for not making my relationship with my ex on 21 work because he’s the love of my life.”  Adding, “well, I would still be singing in the shower, of course, but yeah – my career, my friends, my hobbies.  I would have given up trying to be the best.
The American Music Awards Nominations were announced this past Tuesday by rappers Nicki Minaj and Pitbull, who were both nominated in two categories.  Other artists to make the list with three nominations include twenty-one year old Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, The Band Perry and Rihanna.
Scoring two nominations is Beyonce, who says she was inspired by Adele while working on her album entitled 4, Bruno Mars, Chris Brown, LMFAO, Kanye West and country singer Jason Aldean.
Artists all competing in the category of 'Artist of the Year' alongside Adele include rapper Lil Wayne, Taylor Swift, Last Friday Night singer Katy Perry and Lady Gaga.  The 39th annual American Music Awards will air live at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles on November 20th on the ABC Network.
Currently Adele is said to be taking it easy after suffering from vocal chord hemorrhage.  "Have absolutely no choice but to recuperate properly and fully, or I risk damaging my voice forever," she wrote on her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment